- New postdoc Natalie Gallagher joins the lab.
- New postdoc Natalie Wittlin joins the lab.
- Graduate student Lily Durwood successfully defends her dissertation.
- Graduate student Adriana Germano successfully defends her dissertation.
- Former lab manager and current affiliated graduate student Daniel Alonso is selected as an awardee in the 2021 NSF graduate research fellowship program for his project "Concealment, Preferred Identification, and Collective Action Among Transgender Adults."
- Graduate student Lily Durwood and former visiting graduate student Léïla Eisner paper, "Social Support and Internalizing Psychopathology in Transgender Youth" is published in the Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- The lab welcomes new part-time data scientist, Robin Sifre.
- Former lab postdoc, Anna Newheiser, is awarded tenure at University at Albany-SUNY
- The lab welcomes new graduate student, Benny DeMayo, to the lab.
- New post doc, Ashley Jordan joins the lab.
- The lab moved from UW to Princeton University.
- Shira Kahn-Samuelson joins the lab as a new lab manager
- Liz Abel completed her honors thesis and presented at the Mary Gates Research festival
- Daniel (lab manager) was awarded Honorable Mention from the National Science Foundation's Graduate Research Fellowship Program!
- Daniel (lab manager) will be starting grad school this upcoming fall as a PhD student in the Applied Developmental Program at Fordham University and was awarded Fordham's Richard and Eileen Bennett Distinguished Fellowship.
- Tabea Hässler's (post-doc) paper, "A large-scale test of the link between intergroup contact and support for social change" is published in Nature Human Behavior. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-019-0815-z
- Former postdoc, Jennifer Rubin, accepts job as researcher at Foundry10
- Jessica Glazier (grad student) is accepted to the European Association of Social Psychology (EASP) summer school 2020 at the University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
- Dominic Gibson (postdoc) received an award from the Institute of Education Sciences for Outstanding Predoctoral Fellow https://ies.ed.gov/blogs/research/post/ies-honors-dominic-gibson-as-outstanding-predoctoral-fellow
- Jen Rubin (postdoc) and Stats Atwood (grad student) have a paper accepted at Trends in Cognitive Science. This is Stat's first first-author paper.
- Jessica Glazier (grad student), has first first-author paper accepted at Child Development. The paper explores gender encoding in transgender and cisgender preschoolers.
- Honors student, Liz Abel, wins her second Mary Gates fellowship.
- Former postdoc, Allison Skinner's, paper on children's acquisition of social bias, is accepted for publication at the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- Grad student Elizabeth Enright successfully defends her PhD.
- New postdoc and lab data scientist, Dominic Gibson, joins the lab.
- The lab welcomes 3 new summer diversity science interns - Silvia Navarro Hernandez, Annelise Loveless, and Riley Marshall.
- Rachel Horton joins the lab as the head of the lab.
- Grad student, Elizabeth Enright, won 4 awards at the grad student award ceremony including the grad student teaching award, a research fellowship, and two service awards.
- Tabea Haessler joined the lab as a visiting student for 8 months.
- Paper exploring family discussions of social transitions is accepted for publication at Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology with co-authors Charlie Blotner, Daniel Alonso, Kayla Lewis, Deja Edwards, and Lily Durwood.
- Stats Atwood has decided to join the lab in summer 2019 as a new grad student, and they won an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Jen Rubin has been awarded an NIH Diversity Supplement that will fund her two-year postdoc
- Elizabeth Enright received a postdoc offer and will be headed to the University of Illinois this fall
- Kayla Lewis will be headed to UW-Milwaukee this fall for a program in counseling psych
- Jessica Glazier, Selin Gulgoz, and Elizabeth Enright presented their work at SRCD
- Elizabeth Enright wins the Earl (Buz) & Mary Lois Hunt Endowed Fellowship
- Lab members Jessica Glazier, Eric Gomez, and Daniel Alonso present work from the lab at the annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in Portland.
- Lab affiliate, Jin Goh, receives and accepts offer to be an assistant professor at Colby College.
- Daniel Alonso was awarded an SPSP Diversity Undergraduate Registration Award for the 2019 SPSP Convention
- Kristina wins the MacArthur Foundation award.
- The lab welcomes new graduate student, Bryn Bandt-Law.
- Graduate student Annie Fast successfully defends her dissertation and moves to Bellingham for her new faculty position at Western Washington University.
- Current postdoc, Selin Gulgoz, current student, Eric Gomez, and former lab manager, Maddy DeMeules' paper on attitudes toward trans kids was accepted at the Journal of Cognition and Development
- Former postdoc, Sara Haga's, paper on the bias blindspot in children was accepted at Social Cognition.
- Graduate student Arianne Eason successfully defends her dissertation and heads off to her postdoc at Washington University in St Louis, deferring her faculty position at UC-Berkeley until 2019.
- Honors student, Sanjana Ravi wins the Guthrie Prize for best undergraduate empirical research. She and fellow honors student, Bella Lee, graduate.
- The lab welcomes new lab manager, Kayla Lewis.
- Kristina wins the National Science Foundation's Alan T. Waterman Award.
- Graduate student Lily Durwood wins the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- Bryn Bandt-Law wins the NSF graduate fellowship.
- Undergraduate honors student, Sanjana Ravi, wins the APS Travel Award and the UW Undergraduate Research Conference Travel Award!
- Undergrad independent project student, Deja Edwards, wins the Mary Gates Research Fellowship to support her research.
- Grad student, Anne Fast, receives and accepts assistant professor position at Western Washington University to begin in Fall 2018.
- The lab receives a grant from the Arcus Foundation.
- Undergraduate thesis student, Sanjana Ravi, and lab manager, Riley Lowe, had posters accepted for APS 2018.
- Daniel joins the lab as a project coordinator.
- Graduate Student, Jessica Glazier, joins as a new grad student.
- Selin's paper reviewing our findings from TYP is accepted at Child Development Perspectives.
- Lab receives a grant from the National Institutes of Health.
- PI, Kristina Olson, publishes piece in Scientific American.
- Graduate student, Elizabeth Ake, passed her general exam.
- Former postdoc Sara Haga's paper on belief revision accepted at Developmental Psychology.
- Graduate student James Rae's paper on implicit social cognition in children accepted at Developmental Psychology.
- Graduate student, Annie Fast's paper on intellectual property accepted at Plos One.
- Selin Gulgoz wins a postdoctoral fellowship from the National Science Foundation.
- Graduate student Elizabeth Ake's paper on gender stereotyping in transgender children accepted at Developmental Science.
- Lab receives grant from Satterberg Foundation.
- Lab receives replicability grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Kristina becomes Associate Chair of Psychology for Graduate Studies.
- Graduate student Annie Fast receives Department Distinguished Teaching Award and University Dissertation Fellowship.
- Graduate students Annie and Ari both receive the Department Distinguished Service Award.
- Gabriella completes her honors thesis.
- James successfully defended his dissertation! Congrats Dr. Rae!
- Allison won a postdoc travel award to attend SPSP.
- Riley joined the team as a Research Study Coordinator.
- Undergrad thesis student, Bella Lee, won a Mary Gates Research Fellowship.
- Lily's work on mental health in transgender children accepted in JAACAP.
- Allison's work on the origins of social bias was accepted in Psychological Science.
- Annie's paper on transgender preschoolers was accepted in Child Development.
- Selin began her postdoc at the SCD Lab.
- Lily joined the lab as a graduate student.
- Annie passed her general exam.